Since 1973, General Digital has provided world-class hardware solutions for the most extreme environments from the factory to the front lines. We’re proud to have supported all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and countless allied nations for decades with our American-made products.
Our ruggedized displays and workstations are uniquely equipped with highly-specialized capabilities for use within tanks, armored personnel carriers, Humvees, submarines, aircraft carriers, helicopters, fighter jets, spacecraft, and all types of land, marine, air, space, and autonomous vehicle systems.
As innovators in the rugged display industry, we stay on top of the military’s ever-evolving mobile warfare approach to expertly answer the call for new, highly-advanced display technology, which includes:
- Low power
- High brightness
- Night vision goggle-compatible (NVIS) LCD monitors
- GD-designed LED backlighting systems
- Flat panel optical bonding
- Display film enhancements
- High performance video controllers
- Customized electronics & PCBs
- Mechanical apparatus
- And much more
These rugged LCD innovations continue to prove indispensable as the military continues its development of on-the-move intelligence systems, threat detection, surveillance and suppression operations. Therefore, every General Digital military-grade LCD monitor and ruggedized peripheral can be customized to meet the rigorous demands presented in the modern warfare theater.
Quality control inspection is performed on 100% of all General Digital’s manufactured products, not on a sample lot. This proves invaluable for today’s modern and future war fighter since life and limb depends on equipment that works EVERY time, ALL of the time, regardless of the harsh environment.
Following is a partial listing of the many military and industrial requirements General Digital’s military LCD monitors are designed to meet:
- MIL-DTL-901E (High Shock)
- MIL-STD-810G (Environmental)
- MIL-STD-461G (EMI/RFI Emissions)
- MIL-STD-167B (Vibration)
- MIL-STD-740B (Airborne and Structureborne Noise)
- MIL-STD-3009, MIL-L-85762A (Sunlight Readable/NVIS)
- UL 60950 (Electrical Safety)
- FCC Part 15 (Commercial EMI/RFI Emissions)
- CE Marking (European Electrical Safety, EMI/RFI Emissions)
Learn more about our Military-grade rugged displays and workstations, or request a quote today.