One Stop Shop
General Digital combines a diverse team of engineers with a 50,000 sqft AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015 certified manufacturing facility, giving you the resources you need to get your product off the ground. Our team works with military, avionic, medical, and other safety-critical applications that are heavily regulated and subject to immense scrutiny. By leveraging our decades of experience building products for extreme environments, you can rest knowing your product will operate without fail—every time.
Our hardware engineering capabilities are second to none. With electrical, mechanical, optical, and quality assurance engineers all under one roof, no engineering requirement is too tough for us to tackle. Some of these capabilities include:
- Robust hardware tailored to customer-specific requirements, such as brackets, bezels, and enclosures
- Experience building products certified or built-to-meet military and industrial standards, including:
- MIL-DTL-901E (High Shock)
- MIL-STD-810F (Environmental)
- MIL-STD-461E (EMI/RFI Emissions)
- MIL-STD-167B (Vibration)
- MIL-STD-740B (Airborne and Structureborne Noise)
- MIL-STD-3009, MIL-L-85762A (Sunlight Readable/NVIS)
- UL 60950 (Electrical Safety)
- FCC Part 15 (Commercial EMI/RFI Emissions)
- CE Marking (European Electrical Safety, EMI/RFI Emissions)
- IP/NEMA Sealing
- Thermal and other digital stress analysis
- Replacement of CRT and other legacy technologies
- Analog and digital schematic and printed circuit board (PCB) design
- Custom LED backlight design
- Enhanced brightness for sunlight readability
- Night-Vision Goggle compatibility (NVIS)
- Video compatibility verification for customer-specific video sources and timings
- Logic and digital communication performance analysis
- Systems Engineering
- Power Management and Custom Power Source Design
General Digital’s IPC-certified PCB technicians also have the in-house production equipment and capability to build and test circuit boards directly in our East Hartford facility.
With decades of experience providing ruggedized display systems for military and other harsh environments, our in-house Optical Bonding Laboratories specialize in display enhancements and modifications to best match the image quality to the demands of the end user.
- Selection and integration of the following optical / display enhancements:
- Surface laminations of optical, first-surface, films (antireflective, antiglare, AR/AG, privacy, ITO, etc.) leveraging automation to streamline efficiency
- Vandal shields (Gorilla Glass®, shatterproof glass, optically bonded vandal shields, plastics)
- EMI / RFI (ITO, mesh, etc.) filters
- Optical and membrane heaters
- LED backlights (sunlight / daylight or CCFL replacement)
- NVIS filters
- ¼-wave retarders and circular polarizers
- Class 10 clean room or Class 100 laminar flow bench available for display disassembly, integration and reassembly
It takes a lot more than hardware to build a product from the ground up. Software is embedded in many military, medical, avionic, and other safety-critical products, and in these demanding environments, having the right code can be a matter of life and death.
Luckily, our experienced team of software developers and testers have the processes, tools, and expertise to ensure your application will run without a hitch. A pioneer in the area of software safety, our team has successfully developed, verified, and validated software for countless medical devices and avionic systems that required FDA/FAA approval.
Some common technologies we work with include:
- C/C++, C#, Assembly
- Ada, LabVIEW, Perl, Python
- SGL, Ruby, Qt
- Freescale/NXP, ARM, Renesas
- WCF, WPF
- Xamarin, Mono, XAML
- MS-Windows, Embedded Linux
- Bare Metal Environments
- Proprietary RTOS
- Android, IOS
- TCP-based protocols, CAN, Bluetooth
- Many more
By combining our software development and testing services, you benefit from a full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) solution in full compliance with safety standards such as DO-178C and ISO 62304.
50,000 Square Foot Facility
As much planning and expertise is needed to design a product correctly, it takes even more to build it. Luckily, General Digital is more than just an engineering company—we have a fully staffed state-of-the-art 50,000 sqft manufacturing facility as well.
Some highlights of the facility include:
- Capital Equipment for confidence testing
- Altitude & Pressure testing in our vacuum chamber for MIL-STD-810 and DO-160 compliance
- Vibration Testing with our electro-dynamic shaker for MIL-STD-810 compliance
- ESS (Temperature and Humidity) testing with our Thermotron Oven
- IP/NEMA Ratings (Sealed) with our Dunk Tank & Hose
- Electromagnetic Interference Testing in our Shielded EMI Lab
- Photometric Testing in our in-house optics lab
- IPC-Certified PCB technicians, assemblers, and inspectors
- Optimized production flow for maximum throughput
- Reconfiguration available for large production runs
Products manufactured by General Digital combine a world-class team and facility under one roof in East Hartford, CT, maintaining compliance with all Buy American trade regulations and restrictions. Our diverse supply chain coupled with our AS9100D / ISO 9001:2015 certification ensure that your product will be built to spec, on time and on budget, every time.