It takes a lot more than hardware to build a product from the ground up. Software is embedded in many military, medical, avionic, and other safety-critical products, and in these demanding environments, having the right code can be a matter of life and death.
Luckily, our experienced team of software developers and testers have the processes, tools, and expertise to ensure your application will run without a hitch. A pioneer in the area of software safety, our team has successfully developed, verified, and validated software for countless medical devices and avionic systems that required FDA/FAA approval.
Some common technologies we work with include:
- C/C++, C#, Assembly
- Ada, LabVIEW, Perl, Python
- SGL, Ruby, Qt
- Freescale/NXP, ARM, Renesas
- WCF, WPF
- Xamarin, Mono, XAML
- MS-Windows, Embedded Linux
- Bare Metal Environments
- Proprietary RTOS
- Android, IOS
- TCP-based protocols, CAN, Bluetooth
- Many more
By combining our software development and testing services, you benefit from a full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) solution in full compliance with safety standards such as DO-178C and ISO 62304.
50,000 Square Foot Facility
As much planning and expertise is needed to design a product correctly, it takes even more to build it. Luckily, General Digital is more than just an engineering company—we have a fully staffed state-of-the-art 50,000 sqft manufacturing facility as well.
Some highlights of the facility include:
- Capital Equipment for confidence testing
- Altitude & Pressure testing in our vacuum chamber for MIL-STD-810 and DO-160 compliance
- Vibration Testing with our electro-dynamic shaker for MIL-STD-810 compliance
- ESS (Temperature and Humidity) testing with our Thermotron Oven
- IP/NEMA Ratings (Sealed) with our Dunk Tank & Hose
- Electromagnetic Interference Testing in our Shielded EMI Lab
- Photometric Testing in our in-house optics lab
- IPC-Certified PCB technicians, assemblers, and inspectors
- Optimized production flow for maximum throughput
- Reconfiguration available for large production runs
Products manufactured by General Digital combine a world-class team and facility under one roof in East Hartford, CT, maintaining compliance with all Buy American trade regulations and restrictions. Our diverse supply chain coupled with our AS9100D / ISO 9001:2015 certification ensure that your product will be built to spec, on time and on budget, every time.